The Fastest Dogs:
The fastest dogs are initially bred for hunting and herding purposes. However, they excel at skill and speed and need muscular exercise to expend their extra energy.
Here are facts why people choose 3 of the fastest dogs
Greyhounds are fast. After all, Greyhound has been bred as a racing dog for years. According to Psychology Today, the Greyhound can reach similar speeds to a cheetah. We're talking about a rate of 45 miles per hour (mph) within its first six strides. That unpaired power makes Greyhounds the fastest dogs. This is the reason why people choose Greyhound dogs.
Interesting Greyhound Facts
- GREYHOUNDS ARE THE ONLY BREED OF DOG MENTIONED EXPLICITLY IN THE BIBLE.
- GREYHOUNDS ARE THE SECOND FASTEST ANIMALS ON EARTH AFTER CHEETAH
- GREYHOUNDS COME IN 18 PRIMARY COLORS AND OVER 55 DIFFERENT COLOR COMBINATIONS.
- GREYHOUNDS CAN LOSE UP TO 5 POUNDS IN A SINGLE RACE.
It's no amazement that the Saluki is the second fastest dog globally. Just one glimpse at the Saluki and anyone can tell this fastest dog is made for speed. According to American Kennel Club, kings sought Salukis to hunt because they were agile and capable of tracking by sight rather than scent. That's not all that's impressive: Salukis also run at about 45 miles per hour (mph) due to the fastest speed people love to keep Saluki dogs.
Interesting Saluki Facts
- THE SALUKI IS ONE OF THE OLDEST KNOWN BREEDS OF DOG.
- SALUKIS NEED TO RUN AT LEAST ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK.
- THE SALUKI IS A MEMBER OF THE HOUND GROUP AND IS KNOWN AS A SIGHTHOUND.
- THE GRACE AND DELICATE APPEARANCE OF THE SALUKI CONTRADICT ITS STAMINA AND STRENGTH.
Vizla is the third fastest dog, speeding up to about 40 miles per hour (mph) when running. Because of their extreme speeds, Vizlas have been considered for hunting and upland games over the years. They've honed their hunting instincts and are exceptionally trainable as a breed. Also known for their golden-red coats and amber eyes, Vizlas are the dogs people have been using for sport since years.
Interesting Vizslas Facts
- VIZSLAS IS ONE OF THE BREEDS THAT ARE GREAT SWIMMERS.
- VIZSLA'S HISTORY DATES BACK TO THE 10TH CENTURY, BUT THEY ONLY ARRIVED IN THE US IN THE MID 20TH CENTURY.
- VIZSLAS ARE AN ACTIVE BREED AND NEED AT LEAST 60 MINUTES OF EXERCISE EVERY DAY.
The Slowest Dogs:
The slowest dogs may be just the perfect fit for people looking for a walking companion (particularly senior citizens) and the one. This is because they wouldn't run away from them regularly.
The below list of the 3 slowest dogs will help you make a good choice about a breed that is good for you, your lifestyle and your family.
Here are facts why people choose 3 of the slower dogs
- English Mastiff
Large and clumsy, the English Mastiff is one of the slowest dogs worldwide for its size, with speeds up to 12 miles per hour (mph). That being said, like other Mastiff dogs, they need proper training and socialization. This helps end any sensitive and persistent demeanors.
Interesting Mastiff English Facts
- ZORBA, THE MASTIFF, ONCE HELD THE WORLD’S LARGEST DOG RECORD.
- THE MASTIFF IS CONSIDERED A BREED WITH A SHORT LIFESPAN, BUT SOME MASTIFFS HAVE LIVED TO 18 YEARS OF AGE.
- MASTIFFS HAVE AN EASY-CARE COAT, BUT THEY SHED HEAVILY.
- MASTIFFS SNORE, SNORT, AND GRUNT--LOUDLY.
- Brussels Griffon
In their early days, these dogs were rat catchers. Clever and intelligent. People love to keep this dog because Brussels Griffon Dog is high-energy but satisfied with playtime and casual walks.
Interesting Brussels Griffon Facts
- GRIFFONS ARE SENSITIVE DOGS AND WHEN MISTREATED, THEY MAY BECOME FEAR BITERS — DOGS WHO BITE OUT OF FEAR RATHER THAN AGGRESSION.
- IT'S DIFFICULT TO BREED GRIFFONS. THEY OFTEN NEED CAESAREAN SECTIONS; THE LITTERS ARE TYPICALLY SMALL, AND HIGH PUPPY MORTALITY.
- TEACHING YOUR GRIFFONS DOG THE "QUIET" COMMAND IS RECOMMENDED.
- French Bulldog
With speeds under 15 miles per hour (mph), the French Bulldog is not winning any races. But, of course, this is not a problem for the proud owners of these four-legged family members. With most owners telling they are clowns, they provide enough love and entertainment to compensate for the lack of physical ability.
Interesting French Bulldogs Facts
- FRENCH BULLDOGS CAN'T SWIM.
- FLYING IS A PROBLEM FOR THEM, TOO.
- THEY'RE TALKATIVE DOGS.
- FARTING IN FRENCH BULLDOGS IS TYPICALLY CAUSED BY A CHANGE IN DIET.
Even though all dogs are members of the same species, we have to remember that there are differences amongst them and be sure to consider when we take on their care.
Zippy dynamics dog apparel is nonrestrictive, comfortable, and very functional.